Hello,

I have a problem while trying to connect R-code to Firebird database:

In a Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit OS) system, when I download and install 64-bit
versions of Firebird server, Firebird ODBC driver and unixODBC, it seems that
the Odbc driver comes with SQLLEN = 4, while unixODBC (64 bits) can only
communicate with drivers with SQLLEN = 8.

Running slencheck function (from unixODBC), in a configured DSN, returns:

slencheck: sizeof(SQLLEN) == 4
slencheck: driver manager and driver differ!!!

This causes problems when trying to select tables with text columns in it
(std::bad_alloc error)

If I try to use 32-bit version, I can properly manage a communication between
firebird and unixODBC, but then another problem happen in R-code side (can't
install R packages using 32-bit)

So my question is, there's a way of modifying SQLLEN of Firebird ODBC driver to
match unixODBC configuration? Or perhaps changing unixODBC's SQLLEN without
changing its bitness?

Best regards
  • [firebird-suppo... Daniel Wenzel danielwenz...@hotmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fireb... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]