I agree with the version, as the company comes out with different version of there client software, that does an update change. The other part of not switch off the Firebird before copying would create a fault even though no one was working on the database? Because I did try making sure the Client program running from the Linux server through Samba will be the exact version as the one running correctly from Windows XP, which works. Still showing it's corrupted, according to the support person from Delfin company.