Thanks Karol! I will consider explicit plan if my current rewrite of the
query doesn't pan out.

The table "TmpFKExportId" will always have the same number of records,
but a different set (each chunk of the batch will load the same number
of id:s, but of course different id values). Statistics should be constant.

The other tables will vary slightly over time, but the database contains
2+ million companies and related data. During the batch, the only
updates to this data is from our TM staff who phone companies and enter
data manually, one company at a time. So overall, the change rate is
minute. And in particular, there's no big change exactly 318 chunks into
the batch job, every time.

Yes, the query is hardcoded as a string literal into the app's source
code. It can't get more "same" than that. :-)

Mvh,
Kjell

Den 2020-04-30 kl. 17:06, skrev Karol Bieniaszewski
liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]:

  • [firebi... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]
    • OD... Karol Bieniaszewski liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
                • ... Svein Erling Tysvær setys...@gmail.com [firebird-support]