I think this behaviour is consistent with the ANSI standard. The double
quotes are necessary (if my memory serves me correctly) if there are
characters in the user name that are not letters numbers and underscores.
Maybe hyphens/minus are allowed also. But it's the dot that is annoying the
database.

You might like to experiment and see what happens if you put dots in some
of the other values. That would show where FB3 objects because it's a user
name, or would object anyway.

In my experience, these kinds of issues often turn up when using a new
database engine: no two vendors seen to have read the same standard!

Most DBMSs are less pedantic about this sort of thing, but you can't really
hold it against FB3 if it follows the standard more closely than other
implementors of  SQL.

R~~

  • [firebird-support... hamacker sirhamac...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]