The really sad part about all of this, is that except Jan Honza, none other
of the developers of the Firefox DevTools did bother to look at this forum
to look and reply at the comments of the people that used Firebug, They
just went forward with their ideas about what a "developer tools" should
look like, without listening to other developers, putting Firefox in a
situation where the former tool no longer works and there are gaps missing
in the new one, so people is being forced to always debug with other tools.

I try to keep an open mind and use all the browsers a little, rotate the
usage, understand what are the improvements that each dev tools have, but
so far I still haven't found anything that makes the native DevTools of
Firefox anything special. It includes options that I will never use, but it
lacks features that were present in Firebug. So currently Firefox is my
last option when I want to debug something complex.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/46da693b-4adf-4576-8f41-d447fe202add%40googlegroups.com.