Hello,
I'm trying to determine what the best OS for my site would be.  I've
narrowed my choices to Firewall-1 from Checkpoint and Gauntlet from Network
Associates.   I've looked through various product reviews but it seems that,
for whatever reason, none of the firewall reviews include both products.

If this is any indication of usage, I've seen more posts regarding
Firewall-1 than Gauntlet.  (I recall reading that Firewall-1 has something
like 40% of the firewall market).  Both products seem to do a very good job,
albeit using different methods although they're heading for some convergence
(Firewall-1 seems to be adding proxies while Gauntlet is adding dynamic
filtering).

Firewall-1 has better performance (although the adaptive proxy feature of
Guantlet should close the performance gap).  Firewall-1 has more choices for
security add-on (virus scanning, intrusion detection, etc) while, at least
from the literature, Gauntlet seems to have their basic Guanlet Active
Firewall better integrated as a single unit.

We're a small site with less than 50 nodes so performace probably won't be
an issue.  I value ease of configuration and management as this is the area
which I am most concerned about (The cybercop monitor feature of Guantlet
sure looks good here).

Can anyone provide either opinions of the two, comparisons of the two, or
real world experiences with them?

Thanks
Jim
-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]