Subject: WinNT Passwords Policy
From: Mailing Lists <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:06:55 -0400

Hi all,

I'd like to have your opinion and personal experience regarding what policy 
to implement when dealing with passwords on a pure Windows Network (Windows 
98, Windows NT 4 workstation and servers, Windows NT 2000 professional and 
server).  The NT domain is based on a NT Server 4 SP5, and the users get 
mail from MS Exchange 5.5 SP3.

At my old job, whe had a mix environment of WinNT, Linux and Suns, so the 
policy was to have a password of at least 8 characters long, containing 
upper and lower case letters, numbers and one of those:
:;().,<>!@#$%^&*-_=+

I just want your opinion as to know if in a pure NT environment, I need to 
have something that strict, or I can loosen it up a little and keep the 
same strenght.

What is your opinion and what do you use/recommend in that matter?

Thanks!

  -+-
Mario Biron, CCA, System Administrator
DNRC Title: Official and Proud Sponsor of the Y2K Problem

-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]