Dear John and colleagues,

As usual I am having too short a time (will attempt to answer properly next week, also to James and Jerry), but your reflections connecting with mechanics and computability have initially reminded me a rather obscure paper by Michel Conrad and Efim Liberman, where they discuss in a philosophical annex the nature of physical law in connection with the Church-Turing principle of computability. I could never make complete sense of their speculations (quite deep ones)... it is the same type of reasoning you are making: peripherally relevant as you say. I will try to quote from Michael and Efim next week

Thanks for the stuff.

Pedro