Dear FIS Colleagues,

as this is my first posting I may introduce myself first. My name is Matthias Schafranek and I am a PhD Student of Wolfgang Hofkirchner at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ICT&S Center, University of Salzburg. My dissertation has the working title "Non-Zero-Sum Logic and the Evolution of Cooperation". Though I am interested in the logic and evolution of cooperation in living systems in general, the special focus of my thesis is directed towards human social systems and the role that technology plays in the unfolding of cooperative action structures therein. My theoretical perspective is arranged around commons research and the social dilemma notion, and I will try to apply it to the Internet Age (idea of information commons) and to derive some accordant design principles.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Besides, I want to inform you that the tripleC Journal has recently edited a special issue on the Gatherings in Biosemiotics 6, which took place in Salzburg/Austria, 5-9 July 2006. On the journal's site you can find some selected contributions of the Gatherings as well as of the Preprogramme (<http://triplec.uti.at/articles.php>http://triplec.uti.at/articles.php).

Best regards,

Matthias Schafranek