Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your answers.
They provoked in me the following comments:

1.      I agree with you about the totally abstract and idealized character
of Hegelian terms.

2.      In your first post you said:

“Order and disorder: simply, no real process is totally ordered or
disordered, and does not have to be so
considered in my logic. Every process includes both a tendency to
degradation of information (via the 2nd Law)
and creation of new information, morphogenesis, new functionality based
ultimately on the differentiation or diversification of elements possible
due to the Pauli Exclusion Principle for electrons.”

Q.
Your LIR is a kind of dynamic logic which intends to reveal the way
things, events, success, etc. works in
reality. This, then, claims for a new ontology or metaphysics; could you
say something about it?
Also, it claims for some epistemological approaches about truth,
confirmation, etc.
Your picture about reality is of continuous nature and the relations
between levels are changing, but you think
in certain border conditions that in turn change depending of some
specific circumstances?
If I read you well, the fundamental source of ‘novelties’ are found in
the properties of electrons? The
dynamical nature of physical reality since atomic level (due to its
properties) contains the ‘seeds of novelty’?
But it doesn’t happen if there are no transitions between potentialities
and actualities in some specific
phenomenon.

“Adaptability in an informational vision: I claim that LIR includes
an new element of structure that is common to such domains as cells,
societies and brains that avoids absolute separation between "internal" and
"external", "presence" and "absence" in phenomena that are sufficiently
complex. The problems associated with "self-"production or autopoësis are
avoided since the information necessary for emergence of higher level
entities is carried not only by the actualities but the potentialities of
the lower-level elements (atoms, chemicals, macromolecules, organs, etc.)”

Q.
With your LIR logic you could address the problem of what is
“sufficiently complex phenomenon”
For instance, if we consider sufficiently complex the ‘folding protein
problem’ containing not only the
dynamics of protein since its unfolding to its native state, but the
dynamic of chaperones, the
micro-differential changes in the charges of internal milieu and
possible other factors, your LIR could help to
clarify some remaining questions in this issue?
On the other hand, with the emergence of higher level properties like
our cognitive capacities, your LIR would
be an interesting tool to address the emergence of global cognitive
phenomena? Not only ‘more’ information but
information-with-meaning?

3.      I think it is better to read your book…

Sincerely,

Walter

Walter Riofrio
Theoretical and Evolutionary Biology Researcher
Associate Professor; Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia.
Chercheur Associé; Complex Systems Institute (ISC-PIF).
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]