Joseph,

I think both have of common social value, and in this sense they are
not subjective (psychological), rather either personal (cf. Polanyi)
or objective, or both.
I see the difference between knowledge and meaning in their
reference: knowledge refers to a wider or more general information,
while meaning is an interpretation, explanation of perceived
concepts, facts, statements, etc. Meaning is a commonly accepted
evaluation (in some instances classification) of the obtained knowledge.

Gyuri
<http://www.mtakszi.iif.hu/darvas.htm>Gyorgy Darvas
E-mail / Skype: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    <http://symmetry.hu/>S Y M M E T R I O N
Address: c/o MTA KSZI; 18 Nador St., Budapest, H-1051 Hungary
Mailing address:      P.O. Box 994,   Budapest,     H-1245 Hungary
Fax:  36 (1) 331-3161   Phone: 36 (1) 312-3022;  36 (1) 331-3975
<http://www.springer.com/birkhauser/mathematics/book/978-3-7643-7554-6>Monograph:

Symmetry
<http://hps.elte.hu/oktaeder/atmeneti/darvas.htm#English>Course of lectures