Folks,
Answering to Joseph, I relate meaning to information by a systemic approach
based on constraint satisfaction that allows an evolutionary/bottom-up usage
(http://cogprints.org/6014/). So with this, a meaning exists relatively to a
system submitted to a constraint.
A meaning (a meaningful information) is the result of an interpretation by a
system that has a constraint to satisfy.
This notion of meaning can be used to define a representation for a system
(http://cogprints.org/6108/). More to come on this.
Regarding knowledge, I would look at it as a set of representations (made of
meanings, including action scenarios) relative to an item. (This is not far
from Stan’s “organization of meanings”).All the best
Christophe (http://crmenant.free.fr/Home-Page/index.HTM)