http://crmenant.free.fr/Biosemiotics3/INDEX.HTM

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:56:43 +0100From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: [Fis] Information - Meaning - Knowledge

Friday, September 19, 2008, 12:27:06 AM, Christophe wrote:

Folks,   Answering to Joseph, I relate meaning to information by a systemic
approach based on constraint
satisfaction that allows an evolutionary/bottom-up usage
(http://cogprints.org/6014/).
So with this, a meaning exists relatively to a system submitted to a
constraint. A meaning (a meaningful information) is the result of an
interpretation by a system that has
a constraint to satisfy.

Isn't this a reformulation or generalisation of Wittgenstein's "meaning as use"?

--
Robin Faichney
<http://www.robinfaichney.org/>