Dear Pedro,

Thank you an interesting topic for the discussion. The study of the
Informational layer of economics is
 extremely important for right understanding of the situation at the financial
market. I would like to point to
the following informational layer – namely, the role of expectations of traders
of the financial market. Is it possible to create models of such expectations
and their role in dynamics of assets? I think that G.
Soros was one of the first who discussed this problem in detail in his book
“Alchemy of Finances.” He pointed to independence of dynamics of expectations
from the situation in “real economics”. Free will of traders plays a crucial
role. Soros proposed to describe free will by the apparatus of QM, in some way
to explore the analogy electron-trader.

This idea was realized by my graduate student, Olga Choustova, see
http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0109122 see also
Choustova, O.A.  (2006). Quantum bohmian model for financial market. Physica A
374, 304--314.

who used so called Bohmian model of QM, an analogue of the pilot wave which
guides a quantum particles was used to describe dynamics of expectations. Real
economics was incorporated in the model  through a potential function in
financial Schrodinger’s equation.

As in physical QM, the financial pilot wave can exhibit a complicated behavior
even for zero potential, i.e., zero impact from the real economics. Moreover,
the model is nonlocal.

It is too early to say how much one can proceed in such a framework. However,
it is clear that the informational component plays an important role in modern
economics.

Andrei Khrennikov, professor of applied mathematics,
director of International center for mathematical modeling in physics,
engineering and cognitive science, University of Vaxjo,
Sweden