Addressing Michel's posting -- I would interpret 'denumerability' as
used here as an externalist concept, compared with 'amount' of
information (this amount left vague) as being closer to the
internalist view that might be held within the cell itself.
Scientists may try to assess how much information (defined in some
way) a cell contains, but a cell would likely not be doing this.  It
is, curiously, supposed the telomere ends of chromosomes are
'counting' the number of cell divisions these chromosomes have
experienced as the cell lineage ages.

STAN