  From: Robert Morris
  To: fis@listas.unizar.es
  Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:13 PM
  Subject: [Fis] Inventor of Information as Asymmetry

  It is absolutely the case that Michael Leyton invented the concept of
  information as asymmetry.

  Furthermore, David Weiss is correct: Leyton's work has been applied
  by scientists in over 40 disciplines.  His theorems are used thousands
  of times, each moment of the day, all across the world.

  For example, Leyton's theorems are used in cardiac diagnosis,
  biomedical engineering, metereology, chemical engineering,
  mechanical aerospace design, geology, botany, etc.

  Richard Morris