-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto:         physics and information
Fecha:  Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
De:     Jacob I Lee <jacob...@csufresno.edu>
Para:   Pedro C. Marijuan <pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es>
CC:     fis@listas.unizar.es

Hello,

The recent discussion of the fluctuon model has made me curious about how closely a theory of information must be wedded to physics. I want to think of a theory of information that is independent of any particular model of physics, but this seems perilous when, for example, such things as the simultaneity of events across frames of reference may have at one time been taken as axiomatic. At some level of abstraction is there a physics-neutral theory of information universally applicable to any possible physics?

My questions are assuredly naive, but naivety is the source of all questions.

Best,

Jacob
www.jacoblee.net