Dear Sri,

Thank you for your note, since I was "unhappy" with the point at which the
discussion seemed to end. Your perspective on the structure of living
organisms seems quite pertinent to the theme of
information processes. It is clearly related to Kaufmann-Logan "biotic"
information.

However - however - unless I have missed something, you do not take a
position on the core thesis of Conrad's theory, namely (and All please
correct me if wrong) the coupling between sub-quantum changes and biological
molecules.

In your note you refer to, among other things 1) the "vacuum" as a
metaphorical expression of changes in molecules; 2) an epistemological view
where you explicitly use the term "metaphorical spatial remapping of an
historical process"; 3) the "adjacent possible" of "vacua", which vacua,
however, refer back to your metaphorical pictures.

Now I think "adjacent possible" is wonderful expression for structures,
among others in your note, that can be formalized, together with their
dynamics, by the dialectics of my Logic in Reality. However, this discussion
is about Conrad, not Brenner. As I understand him, Conrad placed the locus
of his fluctuations at a level, that of string theory or some equivalent,
below that of the thermodynamic processes well described by your approach.

Might I please ask you to point out the ontological, physical link, if any,
that corresponds to the coupling as described above (between sub-quantum
changes and biological molecules)? Please note that it is an extraordinarily
deep and for me still unanswered question as to whether the terms "history"
and "information" can apply to fluctuations in the quantum vacuum at all.

Thank you and best wishes,

Joseph