There is a lot of concept overloading in the community involving the term
"meaning." So it would help me if you and Antony could just give a one sentence
definition of the term. For example, for me:

        meaning = the behavior that is the product of apprehending a sign.

Which is an extreme pragmatic definition in the spirit of Peirce. Note that
this definition excludes, or rather characterizes differently, descriptive
sentences of the form "The dog runs toward the house." The meaning of which is
not that the dog runs toward the house, but the behavior of the apprehender.

With respect,
Steven