There is also an aspect of chemical information that is relevant to
biologists more than chemists. As I proposed in my book on Meaningful
Information (Springer 2011), this can be defined as detected patterns of
matter or energy that have an effect on the detecting entity (i.e. cause a
change in either its structure, functioning or behavior).

 This makes no sense to me at all. A change in shape or structure is not
information it's more like energy. Since when has this become information?

There is not one scrap of evidence for biological information, not one.

I also can't see how matter or energy is detected (becomes) information. If
so where is the math for this, where is the test, where is the evidence.

Chemical information in this scheme of things consists of the spatial
patterns of certain molecules (ligands) that enable them to fit into
the3-dimensional structure of particular proteins, thereby causing the
latter to change their shape in a way that triggers a response in the
involved cell.

This also makes no sense to me.  Where is the evidence for this or even a
test to show that this information exists in chemical structures? Chemistry
is about the reaction of structures and the transformations so how does this
now become information.

The mechanism is highly selective, in that each protein tends to bond only
with a specific ligand and this alters its shape in a way that activates a
particular cellular response. Protein molecules represent the main
information detectors in biology, since they are responsible for the way
cells and organisms regulate their internal environments and adapt to their
external ones. The way these large molecules are able to detect and respond
to chemical informational patterns is also the basis for the senses of taste
and smell, as well as the effects of hormones, pheromones, and
neurotransmitters.

This is all well covered by chemistry I just don't get the sudden addition
of this thing called information. Where is the evidence for it? Where is the
test for it? This all seems like conjectures, assumptions and propositions
with no proof at all. Sorry just don't get this information part.

Please show me one experiment for the existence of information in chemistry
or biochemistry. Or even some conceptual mathematical concept that shows
there is information in biological entities.

To me this entire concept of information just seems like a mirage with no
sound theoretical basis or even some form of conceptual mathematics. How is
it that so many smart people are fooled by this concept?

Regards

Gavin