ATTN: FISers

Dr. Andrew Adamatzky, Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of
Unconventional Computing (IJUC), has asked me to guest edit an IJUC Special
Issue devoted to microbial intelligences expressed by taxa of bacteria, fungi
and molds, and protozoa. I would like to invite interested FISers to submit a
manuscript for consideration of publication for this important IJUC Special
Issue. Each prospective author will be given the sole discretion to invite
colleagues to co-author his/her respective submission. All manuscripts will be
reviewed by myself, IJUC Editorial Board, and external referees, when
necessary. To publish an edited collection employing a broad phylogenetic
approach toward microbial intelligences is a rare goal for any journal and I
anticipate the Special Issue will be of great value to a diverse set of
scientists, including, but not limited to, astrobiologists, bioengineers, cell
physiologists, computational and evolutionary biologists,
 ecologists, ethologists, game and information theorists, medical scientists,
microbiologists, neuroscientists, psychologists, and physicists.

If you decide to participate with this project, primary research articles on
the COMPUTATIONAL nature of microbial intelligences are the primary sort of
manuscripts desired. Standard reviews of established findings on microbial
intelligences may be accepted as well. Excluding references, manuscripts should
typically range between 5,000 and 10,000 words. The IJUC Special Issue Volume
6, Issue 2, 2010 on Physarum Computing should give prospective authors an idea
of expected manuscript content, style, and format.

I hope several FISers will take this opportunity and decide to accept my
invitation to join me and other prospective authors in the effort to launch
this unprecedented collection of articles. For further information, please
consult the IJUC homepage, www.oldcitypublishing.com/IJUC/IJUC.html, for
details about the journal's Aims and Scope, Author Guidelines for Style and
Format, and indexing services used by the journal. The deadline for manuscripts
is the second quarter of 2012. Deadline extensions will be considered to
accommodate author needs.

Please direct manuscripts and ALL questions and comments to me at the following
email address: kbclark...@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Kevin B. Clark, Ph.D.

Guest Editor,IJUC Special Issue on Microbial Intelligences