Gordana has said:

Information and Energy/Matter

  What can we hope for from studies of information related to energy/matter
(as it appears for us in space/time)? Information is a concept known for
its ambiguity in both common, everyday use and in its specific technical
applications throughout different fields of research and technology.
However, most people are unaware that matter/energy today is also a concept
surrounded by a disquieting uncertainty. What for Democritus were building
blocks of the whole universe appear today to constitute only 4% of its
observed content. (NASA 2012) [1] The rest is labeled “dark matter”
(conjectured to explain gravitational effects otherwise unaccounted for)
and “dark energy” (introduced to account for the expansion of the
universe). We do not know what “dark matter” and “dark energy” actually
are. This indicates that our present understanding of the structure of the
physical world needs re-examination. [...]

Information and Energy/Matter
Gordana Dodig Crnkovic

Information 2012, 3(4), 751-755;
http://unam.us4.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=ae24f18d1e&e=d38efa683e

Special Issue "Information and Energy/Matter"

http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=ea193b9747&e=d38efa683e

See it on Scoop.it (
http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=cdfa764e97&e=d38efa683e)
, via Papers (
http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=e23b9e2cd9&e=d38efa683e
)

I would like to inquire whether any fis'rs might react to the following
notion:

Dark matter is postulated because the amount of matter detectable in
galaxies would be insufficient alone to explain how they hold together
given the value of the gravitational constant.

However, the information we glean from galaxies represents their condition
as it was a very long time ago, in an earlier universe.

Is it not possible to resolve this puzzle less radically than by inventing
dark matter by supposing that the gravitational constant has not been
constant but has instead been changing, and was much stronger in the past,
which is when we detect these distant clusters of matter?  Perhaps G as
been scaled to the rate of expansion of space?  Perhaps the rate of
expansion was greater then than now, even with current acceleration?

STAN