Dear FISers,

During the past days, 21 -24 May, the 5th FIS & 1st ISIS conference has
taken place in Moscow. As expected, very few people from Western
countries could attend (just 4), but an important Chinese delegation (9)
and a remarkable presence of the Russian Academy of sciences, research
and learning institutions, professional colleges, library science, etc.,
made for a very relevant conference. We had intriguing presentations in
biomolecular matters, biological systems organization, neuroscience,
consciousness, socially oriented discussions, educational matters, etc.
as well as criticisms on the current techno-utopian orientations of IT.
The debates on what are the most important directions for info science
development were complemented by the discussion of the institutional
aspects we have to cover, particularly concerning the ISIS organization.
Thanks to Konstantin Colin (past ISIS President) for the excellent
organization work done, with the technical help of a number of parties,
among them Nick, Victoria, Boris, etc. A number of scholars and
researchers of the Organizing Committee and the Program Committee did
also contribute... The challenge now is for Wolfgang Hofkirchner,
elected ISIS President and organizer of 2nd ISIS & 6th FIS in Vienna
2015 --good luck Wolfgang!!

At FIS we should continue with our regular discussion sessions, better
organized... there will be news about that soon. Also we will receive
news from ISIS preparations, particularly concerning the organization of
info science research. Robert Jahn, current secretary, is working in
these matters.

It was a great time in Moscow--best wishes to all

---Pedro

PS. By the way, during these days I had no mail access and could not see
until now (amidst the cloud of several hundred messages) that some FIS
parties have ostensibly ignored the rule of two messages per week, and
indulged in say "personal" styles of discussion. Please, stop that.

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta X
50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Tfno. +34 976 71 3526 (& 6818)