On 12 Nov 2013, at 17:03, Raquel del Moral wrote:

> Dear FIS colleagues,
>
> Thanks for the comments received (basically Pedro and Bi Lin!). I am
> not
> much conversant today about cellular or bacterial communication (sorry
> Bruno...), as I try to discuss on person to person communication.

Oh!

What makes you sure that a bacteria is not already supporting some
little person?

I guess you try to discuss specifically communication on *human*
person to *human* person.
It is a very interesting subject. Very complex too. It is not my field
of expertise.

It might benefit, or not, today or tomorrow, with or without the
computationalist assumption, from the study of the "communication"
between numbers, or finite entities, in arithmetic.

The field is very vast, I don't want to push anyone in that direction.
Just that for numbers, and bacteria (and amoeba) we have some
explanations why they dream and communicate. Bin asked about the
necessity of conversation.  This might throw light on the humans too,
perhaps.

> About the empirical data of my research, of interest for Bi Lin, we
> published a poster in AAAS Meeting 2012. I will upload that poster and
> some new data once the FIS website is refurbished. The basic data are
> not very different from a paper in Science ("Are women really more
> talkative than men?" Science 2007, vol. 317, pp:82), although we are
> looking from a wider angle, concretely the correlation with Mental
> Health. The gender differences are very intriguing!

I think computationalism can say something on this. It is related to
the first and third person points of view.
I really don't want take your precious time. It is theoretical, and
concerns ideally correct self-referential machines. It is computer
sciences.

Best wishes in your projects,

Bruno