Dear Pedro

Thank you! there is some sort of synchronicity here: I was just recently
thinking about Roman Jakobson and his 6 levels of semiotic analysis.
Especially the *phatic expression*, as some kind of white noise that is
necessary for the interpersonal informational "handshake". That is, an
infosphere - be it organic or more like artificial info networks - would
need to have actants operate in a mutually relateable framework (even if it
is only pairwise).

The meaningless/senseless datum is important for establishing the lines of
communication, and perhaps some emergent properties (such as intimacy,
grouping, pre-communicative  acceptance).
Do you know of any quantified work re Jakobson? (I keep
this<http://webdelprofesor.ula.ve/arquitectura/rlacruz/publicaciones_archivos/dimensions_english.pdf>around
for different porpouses)

Best
Roly