From Joseph Brenner

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Joseph Brenner <mailto:joe.bren...@bluewin.ch>
*To:* Jerry LR Chandler <mailto:jerry_lr_chand...@me.com> ; fis@listas.unizar.es <mailto:fis@listas.unizar.es>
*Sent:* Monday, December 09, 2013 10:12 AM
*Subject:* Re: [Fis] Nomino-realism and the encoding and decoding of communications; Joseph reply to Jerry

Dear Jerry,

Thank you for the specific question, to which I reply as follows: Logic in Reality is not a logic of propositions. It is not truth-functional. Hence, it has neither premises nor conclusions (nor modal operators, etc.) Your expectation in this case is unreasonable. LIR cannot be judged by the criteria for other logics since it expands the domain of logic itself.

Logic in Reality looks at the relative degrees of actuality and potentiality of the opposing elements of a real, physical process. These are something like non-standard probabilities. OF COURSE the terms go back to Aristotle, but in LIR they are reinterpreted in the terms of the dualities and self-dualities of modern physics. Note also that Aristotle did not discuss actuality moving to potentiality, which is necessary for a more complete picture.

LIR is a logic, however, and not a physics because it allows reasoned inferences about the evolution of the system.

Elsewhere you wrote (snippet)
I would argue that physical atomism is the ultimate source of both biological and mechanical codes necessary to generate communication between two independent but relative systems.

'Physical atomism' might be the source of codes as abstractions from real atoms, but the emergence and dynamics of relative systems (which in my view can only be interdependent) have as their source the ultimate energetic ground of the universe and reflect its antagonistic properties. Logic in Reality, thus, given its features which I have outlined above, /is a logic of biological communication/, based on physical principles, which you have asked for in your response to Krassimir.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Joseph