Hi Loet,

I do indeed consider this relationship to be measurable and thus
expressible mathematically. This in itself doesn't mean that it
ignores content. Indeed, a specific content and a specific target
function-state are prerequisites, and so must be assumed in the
analysis. In my opinion, as necessary assumptions, this makes the part
of the background physics. So there must be both universality and
physical specificity to this analysis— the specificity of referent and
significant end-state treated as givens in the equation.

The term "expected" plays a crucial role here. It introduces a
Bayesian implication behind Shannon's analysis. But it also is what
necessitates the self-repairing, self-reproducing features of
autogenesis. To specify information what a given constraint-state of a
medium represents there must be a reference state. However, it cannot
be MEP or even maximum thermodynamic entropy (analogous to Shannon's
entropy) but instead the work differential between current state of
degraded autogenesis and a reconstituted or reproduced autogen.

— Terry

--
Professor Terrence W. Deacon
University of California, Berkeley