Pedro, this image is strongly related to my research.
My graduation and master degree was in Physics. But now I am in IS world
through PhD program of IBICT/UFRJ in Brazil.
As you, Jorge and Raquel said (Navarro, Moral, Marijuan, 2013), IS is about
to become one of four great scientific domains. Don't you think that one of
the greatest reasons of it is the (big) interdisciplinar nature of IS?
(Saracevic, 1995). Interdisciplinarity is in IS's "DNA" :-)
I am investigating some aspects of interdisciplinarity between IS and
Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) (inspired by Capurros's
work http://www.capurro.de/infoconcept.html).
Some questions of this research are: 1) why (or how) a natural scientist
enters in IS world? What are their motivations?; 2) how strong this
interdisciplinarity is? (inspired by Loet's works on the theme - for
example, Leydesdorff, Rafols (2011)); 4) How the physical concepts of
information are present in IS articles.
I believe that inside FIS I will find many answers to my questions. By
observation of Scientific Communication and Bibliometrics and of course, if
I have the opportunity, by interviewing the members of FIS :-)
I can say that in only few weeks of FIS I already have learned a lot :-)
Best,
Moises.

Navarro, J.; Moral, R; Marijuan, P; Uprising of the Informational: Towards
a New Way of Thinking In Information Science. Proceedings of the 1st
International Conference on Philosophy of Information, Xi'an (2013)
Saracevic, Tefko. "Interdisciplinary nature of information science."
Ciência da informação 24.1 (1995): 36-41.
Leydesdorff, Loet, and Ismael Rafols. "Indicators of the
interdisciplinarity of journals: Diversity, centrality, and citations."
Journal of Informetrics 5.1 (2011): 87-100.

>  Thanks Moises, here it is --in case the list server suppresses the image
> again, the dropbox link below contains the image too (at the end of the
> philoinfo paper, belonging to the Proceedings of the Xian Conference,
> 2013). best ---Pedro
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wslnk41c3lquc55/AADpm_U6xuhm6jHK0esyN-29a?dl=0
>

>  *Figure 1. The Four Great Domains of Science*. The graphic shows the
> network of contemporary disciplines in the background (following Bollen *et
> al*., 2009); while the superimposed “four-leaf clover” represents the
> four great scientific domains: physical, biological, social, and
> informational.
>

> Moisés André Nisenbaum wrote:
>
> Hi, Pedro.
> I didnt receive th image (Figure 1. The Four Great Domains of Science)
> Would you please send it again?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Moises
>

> --
> Pedro C. Marijuán
> Grupo de Bioinformación / Bioinformation Group
> Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud
> Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Aragón (CIBA)
> Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta X
> 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
> Tfno. +34 976 71 3526 (&
> 6818)pcmarijuan.iacs@aragon.eshttp://sites.google.com/site/pedrocmarijuan/

Moisés André Nisenbaum
Doutorando IBICT/UFRJ. Professor. Msc.
Instituto Federal do Rio de Janeiro - IFRJ
Campus Maracanã
moises.nisenb...@ifrj.edu.br