Message from Jerry Chandler

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [Fis] THE FRONTIERS OF INTELLIGENCE SCIENCE--Zhao Chuan
Date:   Tue, 3 Mar 2015 21:19:16 -0600
From:   Jerry LR Chandler <jerry_lr_chand...@mac.com>
To:     <pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es>

Dear Zhao Chuan:

In this brief introduction, you present your readers with a number of views.

Perhaps you could expand your statement so that we can grasp some of the structures behind you writings.

I have had numerous oriental colleagues from various parts of Asia - China, Taiwan, Japan, S. Korea, and other countries.
When you speak of

"Led by the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence ( CAAI), Intelligence Science was born in October, 2003. Since the first one created in Peking University, in just the last decade, 27 universities have set up a Department of Intelligence Science and Technology,"

you present an impressive growth rate. Does this include any academic institutions outside of China?

What are the sorts of classes in these departments?
Do they go beyond computer science and artificial intelligence?

What is the status of cybernetics in these departments.
(In the USA, only a few 'Systems Science /Cybernetics' departments remain.)

What are the principle jobs the students are being trained for?

Finally, I ask about your personal views on the issue of what is the basic idea that motivates your separation of individuals from different parts of the world.

Thank you for considering these simple questions.

Cheers

Jerry LR Chandler