Physics students in Brazil do not read much about philosophy. They should
read more :-). I remember I thought that the physical universe was entirely
explained by mathematics. I found out later, for example, a huge number of
mathematically possible universes. Then, I was then presented to the
anthropic principle. The fact is that physicists has a tendency to believe
only on what can be proven experimentally. I believe that it is not only a
characteristic of Physics.

In the case of Information Science, Bibliometrics have given an important
part of its experimental proofs. The tool Loet presented in the 1st post is
so simple to use that I decided to make a test. I searched the Web of
Science for the word "information" in Titles of Scientific Articles and
overlay this search on maps of of science (10 in 10 years). The results are:
Video with images generated by VOSviwer: http://youtu.be/RWo4BL5pSds
Video with images generated by Pajek: http://youtu.be/ivCYqg3VW4M

My idea is to map a particular discipline on the four great domains:
Physical, Life, Social and Informational.
Any suggestion?

--
Moisés André Nisenbaum
Doutorando IBICT/UFRJ. Professor. Msc.