From: John Collier [mailto:colli...@ukzn.ac.za]
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:10 AM
To: l...@leydesdorff.net; 'Koichiro Matsuno'; 'fis'
Subject: Re: [Fis] It-from-Bit and information interpretation of QM

Sorry Loet, but I just don't see the need for an observer. I do think the
difference must be by something to something (perhaps the same thing) but
Koichiro's formulation implies this.  Again, I warn against unneeded
complication.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

OK. Let's get rid of Koichiro's observer. Remains the need to specify:

1.      The first difference;

2.      The second difference;

The first difference can be measured using Shannon-type information, since a
probability distribution can be considered as a set of (first-order)
differences. Brillouin tried to specify the second difference as a ΔH. ΔH
can also be negative ("negentropy"). But how does one proceed to the
measurement?

Best,

Loet

PS. I apologize to Pedro if this is beyond my second posting. I'll shut up.

I needed to correct the misunderstanding as if the observer would be
important to me. L.