Paraphrasing two scientists.

"Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.”    Isaac Newton

"As simple as possible, but not simpler."   A. Einstein

The meaning of Professor Bloom’s essay can be simplified.

This simple essay is an interpretation of history without either human values
or virtues.

In today’s world, examples of the Bloom thesis are ISIS and a “public”
organizations such as the NRA.

If brute force is the primary driver of human history, what is a second? or a
third? and so forth?

What are the feedback and feedforward loops among the first, second, third, …
usw., that generate humanness (by processing information in terms of values and
virtues)?

Cheers

Jerry