RE: The organization of bodies of knowledge in the sciences takes place at
another level than the integration of cognition in the body of an
individual. One cannot reduce the one level to the other, in my opinion.
Which research program of these two has priority? How do they relate ?
potentially differently ? to information?

ME: My Cambridge colleague, Madan Thangavelu, holds that the structure of
knowledge in both human brains (and human organizations), and in' bodies of
knowledge' in the sciences, is fractal.

It is certainly true that the structure of creative ideas and new projects
emerging from individuals and corporations has a fractal kind of
distribution, and as a consequence, has to be assessed using a Herfyndahl
index rather that the mean and standard deviation of a normal distribution,
or their analogues for experimentally encountered non-normal data
distributions. (Better the square root of the Herfyndaho index, since this
can be additive when combining distributions.)

--
Alex Hankey M.A. (Cantab.) PhD (M.I.T.)
Distinguished Professor of Yoga and Physical Science,