Karl,
I think that the semiotic system of references or the 'world' in which an organism is embedded is indeed a condition of possibility for the in- or de-formational value for the organism (forms are transmitted 'as' messages). What is poison or what healthy for an organism depends on this context, they are second-order categories. In the case of us, humans, this context is not 'just' biological but also cultural, so that the 'information density' of food depends also on this culturally changing context. We eat also with our 'minds,' i.e. with our pre-conceptions of what is 'good' or 'bad' for us, in a given society, today: in a globalized and digitalized informational world. I recommend you the books by Andoni Luis Aduriz, two star chef of the restaurant Mugaritz in the Pais Vasco
https://www.mugaritz.com/es/andoni-luis-aduriz/libros/c-2-22/
particularly the one written together with Daniel Innerarity: Cocinar, comer, convivir, Barcelona 2012 (other books also in English) I/we had the privilege to meet Andoni personally last week and taste the magnificent food he and his team produces.
best
Rafael

Just a small detail on the information density of food (air, water, sensory input, etc.) in medicine:

The DNA has a high informational value for the organism. Can it be said that poison has also an informational value?

Can the de-constructive effect of a substance quantified based on the same semiotic system of references as the constructive effect of a substance can be referred to in that same system of references?

Prof.em. Dr. Rafael Capurro
Hochschule der Medien (HdM), Stuttgart, Germany
Capurro Fiek Foundation for Information Ethics
(http://www.capurro-fiek-foundation.org)
Distinguished Researcher at the African Centre of Excellence for Information
Ethics (ACEIE), Department of Information Science, University of Pretoria,
South Africa.
Chair, International Center for Information Ethics (ICIE) (http://icie.zkm.de)
Editor in Chief, International Review of Information Ethics (IRIE)
(http://www.i-r-i-e.net)
Postal Address: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
E-Mail: raf...@capurro.de
Voice: + 49 - 721 - 98 22 9 - 22 (Fax: -21)
Homepage: www.capurro.de