Pedro, undoubtedly is an excellent book! My supervisor is one of the
authors and I followed the book edition. I can assure you it was done very
carefully and that the authors were very well chosen.
It is a well-deserved tribute to the great scientist, philosopher and
friend Rafael.
By the way, it has to do with Rafael's birthday, but I will not reveal the
age :-)

Regards

Moisés

> Dear FIS Colleagues,
>
> I think this new book to appear celebrating our colleague Rafael Capurro
> can be of interest.
>
> Best--Pedro

> New book to be published by Springer in July 2016.
> *Information Cultures in the Digital Age: A Festschrift in Honor of Rafael
> Capurro     *(Edited by Matthew Kelly & Jared Bielby)
>
> For several decades Rafael Capurro has been at the forefront of defining
> the relationship between information and modernity through both
> phenomenological and ethical formulations. In exploring both of these
> themes Capurro has re-vivified the transcultural and intercultural
> expressions of how we bring an understanding of information to bear on
> scientific knowledge production and intermediation. Capurro has long
> stressed the need to look deeply into how we contextualize the information
> problems that scientific society creates for us and to re-incorporate a
> pragmatic dimension into our response that provides a balance to the
> cognitive turn in information science.
>
> With contributions from 35 scholars from 15 countries,* Information
> Cultures in the Digital Age* focuses on the culture and philosophy of
> information, information ethics, the relationship of information to
> message, the historic and semiotic understanding of information, the
> relationship of information to power and the future of information
> education. This Festschrift seeks to celebrate Rafael Capurro’s important
> contribution to a global dialogue on how information conceptualisation, use
> and technology impact human culture and the ethical questions that arise
> from this dynamic relationship.
>
> The Editors: Matthew Kelly is a scholar at Curtin University’s Department
> of Information Studies and at the International Institute for
> Hermeneutics. Jared Bielby currently serves as Co-Chair for the
> International Center for Information Ethics and Editor for the
> International Review of Information Ethics.
> More information at www.infoculturesbook.com

Moisés André Nisenbaum
Doutorando IBICT/UFRJ. Professor. Msc.
Instituto Federal do Rio de Janeiro - IFRJ
Campus Rio de Janeiro
moises.nisenb...@ifrj.edu.br