Dear colleagues,

Krassimir makes very important point that I would like to expand on.

It is vital to be aware under which assumption model/theory has been made. One
might wish that this be accepted as a fundamental rule among researchers
presenting their models – first declare fundamental assumptions (preferably
also implicit ones).

Only if we clearly understand the assumptions can we compare different models
and approaches. What happens all too often is that this fundamental part is
unclear and big discussions are taking place for no reason as theories are
built under different assumptions and refer to different domains, have
different level of abstraction etc. but they are assumed to somehow give the
same results.

For example if we make our models under assumption that light has corpuscular
nature, we will see certain classes of phenomena. On the contrary, if we assume
that it is a wave, we will see something else.

The same goes even here. We should see the assumptions and ask ourselves:

What does it imply if we assume that consciousness is a continuous function of
reflected reality?

What does it imply if assume that consciousness is Euclidean n-space?

With best wishes,
Gordana

Gordana Dodig Crnkovic, Professor of Computer Science
Vice Dean of Graduate Education
Department of Applied IT
Chalmers University of Technology & University of Gothenburg, Sweden
http://www.ait.gu.se/kontaktaoss/personal/gordana-dodig-crnkovic/
School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, Mälardalen University
http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/~gdc/
President of the International Society for Information Studies
http://is4si-2017.org/