Dear Arturo and FISers

We will forgive your life! Some other people in this list also have strong reservations to a single, canonical approach to information, either from Shannon, Boltzmann, or Fisher backgrounds. In my case, mostly biologically and socially grounded ("sociotype"), I see a complex panorama of biological information, mostly "relative" concerning communication with the environment (via cellular signaling systems), but sort of "objective" concerning the inner self-production processes (shared DNA and genetic/translation and many other codes). But both are elegantly intertwined in the advancement of a life cycle. My hunch is that this type of relative/objective duality culminating in existential maintenance has some generality and could be "exported" to physics too. It is curious that some oriental thinkers (Chu-Hsi or Zhu Xi, 9 Centuries ago) had already advanced sort of similar ideas... Well, above all, info is "paradoxical" and has kept all of us amused in this list, at least for the past twenty years!

Best--Pedro
PS. Let me remind that you have not answered yet my topo-evo comments in the earliest messages. That point is, I think, very important in the present discussion.