Dear colleagues,

This year the International Society for Information Studies IS4SI is organizing
the summit under the motto:

DIGITALISATION FOR A SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY. Embodied, Embedded, Networked,
Empowered through Information, Computation & Cognition!
The event will take place in Gothenburg, 12-16 June.

We will explore both foundations of information and its connections to other
theoretical and applied fields in an interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary
setting, including four conferences:

Foundations of Information Science, Philosophy of Information, The Difference
that makes a Difference and International Forum on Ecology of Information
Studies

Apart from conferences, there will be number of symposia (Doctoral symposium,
Theoretical information studies, Morphological computing and cognitive agency,
Cognitive distributed computing, etc. ) workshops (Distributed responsibility
in time of big data, Transhumanism, Digital netizens, Habits and rituals,
etc.), tutorials and variety of panels addressing topics ranging from the
future of work to good information society and machine consciousness.

Our keynote speakers include Terrence Deacon, Bo Dahlbom, Jack Copeland,
Catherine Mulligan, Yixin Zhong, Schahram Dustdar, Mark Burgin, Olle Häggström
and Sarah Spiekermann.

For more details, please have a look at the summit web page:
http://is4si-2017.org

Many members of FIS community are already involved in the organisation of
Gothenburg summit.
We hope you will join us and contribute with your work, meeting colleagues from
this community and others.

Submission deadline for extended abstracts: 1 March.

Sweden is fantastic, and Gothenburg represents the best of Sweden, especially
in summer.
Looking forward to meeting you in Gothenburg!

Gordana
for IS4SI organisation

Gordana Dodig Crnkovic, Professor of Computer Science
Vice Dean of Graduate Education
Department of Applied IT
Chalmers University of Technology & University of Gothenburg, Sweden
http://www.ait.gu.se/kontaktaoss/personal/gordana-dodig-crnkovic/
School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, Mälardalen University
http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/~gdc/
President of the International Society for Information Studies
http://is4si-2017.org/