Everybody defines information in the way he prefers: subjective, biotic, bit,
and so on.
Therefore, every study that talks about "information" is meaningless.

Dear Arturo,

The “Therefore” does not follow. It is a non-igitur. For example, Shannon’s
information theory is not necessarily meaningless, although the measure (e.g.,
bits) is devoid of meaning. It provides, among other things,  a statistics.

On the other side, I suggested in a previous post how the information entropy
(such as Shannon's, or Bekenstein's, or Hawking's) may change according to the
relativistic speed of the hypothetical observer.

Rather obscure, in my opinion.

Therefore, I suggest to fully remove the term "information" from every
scientific account.  The term "information" refers, in Popper's terms, to a not
falsifiable theory, to pseudoscience: it is a metaphysical claim, like the
concepts of Essence, Being, God and so on.

All mathematical theories are non-falsifiable. Shannon-type information is just
a measure. Information can be provided with subjective meaning. Many of our
colleagues confuse this subjective meaning of information with information
itself.

Information can also be provided with (inter-subjective) meaning in a discourse
such as biology or physics. The discourse then functions as an “observer”.
However, the meaningful information (the signal) is to be distinguished from
the information as uncertainty (noise; variation) before this selection.

Best,

Loet

Therefore, by now, the term "information" is definitely out of my scientific
vocabulary.

--
Inviato da Libero Mail per Android