Hi, Loet.
Thank you for your message!
Firstly because there was no FIS messages since IS4SI...
I was wondering, what could be happening?

I have read your article. It is amazing!
I liked the way you've organized historically the relationship between the
concept of information in a multidimensional perspective.
Certainly I will use it for my research and will recommend to my colegues
and students :-)

Thank you,

Um abraço
Moisés

> *Toward a Calculus of Redundancy:
> <https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3030525>*
> *Signification, Codification, and Anticipation in Cultural Evolution
> <https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3030525>*
>
> Loet Leydesdorff, Mark W. Johnson, and Inga Ivanova
>
> *Abstract*
> Whereas the generation of Shannon-type information is coupled to the
> second law of thermodynamics, redundancy—that is, the complement of
> information to the maximum entropy—can be increased by making further
> distinctions. The dynamics of discursive knowledge production can thus
> infuse the historical dynamics with a cultural evolution. Providing the
> information with meaning first proliferates the number of options. Meanings
> are provided with hindsight at positions in the vector space, as against
> relations in the network space. The main axes (eigenvectors) of the vector
> space map the codes of the communication spanning horizons of meaning; the
> codes structure the communications as selection mechanisms. Unlike
> hard-wired DNA, the codes of non-biological systems co-evolve with the
> variation. Discursive knowledge can be considered as meta-coded
> communication which enables us to entertain models of the processing of
> meaning and information. This reinforces the hindsight perspective and can
> turn codification reflexively into coding anticipation. The dynamics of
> information, meaning, and knowledge can be evaluated empirically using the
> sign of mutual information as an indicator.
>
> ** apologies for cross-postings
> https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3030525
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Loet Leydesdorff
>
> Professor, University of Amsterdam
> Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
>
> l...@leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/
> Associate Faculty, SPRU, <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/>University of
> Sussex;
>
> Guest Professor Zhejiang Univ. <http://www.zju.edu.cn/english/>,
> Hangzhou; Visiting Professor, ISTIC,
> <http://www.istic.ac.cn/Eng/brief_en.html>Beijing;
>
> Visiting Fellow, Birkbeck <http://www.bbk.ac.uk/>, University of London;
> http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en

Moisés André Nisenbaum
Instituto Federal do Rio de Janeiro - IFRJ
Campus Rio de Janeiro
moises.nisenb...@ifrj.edu.br