Dear Pedro,

Thank you for this very complete and very necessary listing. I will be glad to
make some general comments, but I am leaving for two weeks of vacation in
Turkey. I promise that my unconscious will be working on the task, and I should
have something promptly on my return.

I still am fascinated by the self-referential debate has already started on
Principle 1. I was surprised by the somewhat doctrinaire, polarizing tone of
Arturo's note, since I have appreciated several of his previous postings. I
therefore agree with Jose Javier's critique

Now, the polarization of light can be well described mathematically, but what
about the polarization of people and their ideas? I contend that this use of
the term is (not only) metaphorical since real, physical changes take place, in
the exchanges of qualitative information, such as the present one. These
changes in patterns of thought and action can be studied rigorously; it's just
a lot harder. In any case, I consider myself a realist about information
without mathematics.

For their possible utility in the debate, to get away from the reification, I
suggest the following process definitions which if nothing else I have never
seen together in the same place:

A. Information is energy in a non-mathematizable form.
B. Information is and is not energy. It is and is not physical; with this I
could agree with Michel.
C. Information is energy in motion: inform-motion.
D. Information is the energy change of non-algorithimic, natural computation.
(I believe Gordana's concept of natural computation is essential for progress.
Rather than computation, we might call it non-numeric information processing,
NNIP.)

My final comment for now is to applaud the presence of Principle 10 in the
list. In my view, we should always have the ethical finality of of our
ratiocinations, such as they are, in mind.

Best wishes,

Joseph