Dear Arturo,

On 15 Sep 2017, at 15:16, tozziart...@libero.it wrote:

Dear FISers,
I'm sorry for bothering you,
but I start not to agree from the very first principles.

The only language able to describe and quantify scientific issues is mathematics. Without math, you do not have observables, and information is observable.

That is debatable, but follows usually from my working hypothesis (brains are Turing emulable), so OK.

Therefore, information IS energy or matter,

But that seems contradict what you just said.

and can be examined through entropies (such as., e.g., the Bekenstein-Hawking one).

And, please, colleagues, do not start to write that information is subjective and it depends on the observer's mind. This issue has been already tackled by the math of physics: science already predicts that information can be "subjective", in the MATHEMATICAL frameworks of both relativity and quantum dynamics' Copenhagen interpretation. Therefore, the subjectivity of information is clearly framed in a TOTALLY physical context of matter and energy.

Sorry for my polemic ideas, but, if you continue to define information on the basis of qualitative (and not quantitative) science, information becomes metaphysics, or sociology, or psychology (i.e., branches with doubtful possibility of achieving knowledge, due to their current lack of math).

I disagree. The work of Gödel and seq. entails that all universal machine have a very precise mathematical "theology", which includes the whole of physics (without geography and history of course). That makes Digital Mechanism, alias computationalism, testable, and indeed, thanks to Quantum Mechanics without wave collapse, being confirmed up to now. The price, or the gift, is that physics is no more the fundamental science, and we get an explanation were the appearance of the physical reality comes from, and why it is persistent. All this is made possible and necessary, with mechanism, by the incompleteness result which makes the machine introducing distinctions where "God" (truth) can show why they are necessary "illusions". With mechanism, psychology and theology are branch of mathematics, even of arithmetic, like computer science. Note that the origin of the notion of computation is purely mathematical (and indeed a computation is an arithmetical object, that we can implement in a physical reality). The physical reality is itself reduced into a statistics of first person points of view distributed in arithmetic.

Bruno

Arturo Tozzi

AA Professor Physics, University North Texas

Pediatrician ASL Na2Nord, Italy

Comput Intell Lab, University Manitoba

http://arturotozzi.webnode.it/