Dear Michel,

Thank you for your comment.

In the draft version of my post, mentioning the last Nobel Prize award I
have followed it by a remark:

“All FISers pretend to be Einstein; no one bothers himself with a (LIGO)
detector building”.

Then I decided that the phrase is unnecessary harsh and replaced it with the
"citations from Aristotle, Plato, and others…” passage.

You are right – the citations could be “a particular type of IF assumption”.
Generally they can, but in this case – they are not!

Loet has presented recently a much more elegant expression:

"Nobody of us provide an operative framework and a single (just one!)
empirical testable prevision able to assess "information".

Thank you for a concerned reading,

Best regards,

Emanuel.