Dear Colleagues,

In all humility, I have asked why a non-standard logic of processes might not
transcend our specializations as part of the 'provisional solution'. I would
still hope to get a response to my question in this cosmic cycle . . .

If we look at Terry's note of October 25, we can see two concepts very relevant
to the nature of information: 1) degrees of normative displacement; 2) using
complex numbers. There is here, already, an implied non-standard logic. In his
Genetics and the Logic of Evolution, Kenneth Weiss writes: "If we think of
(biological) processes in terms of their logic, it is the interaction of the
entities that is the process and, in a sense, not the entities themselves."

Building on this, I feel one needs to change in general the standard language
inherited from mathematics toward a new language of process: not incessant
oscillation but spiralling, starting and stopping, and even reversing
direction. One way, for example, to look at process is as a 'meta-analysis'
operating in reality! (Terry's last five lines go back from ontology to
epsitemology, but this is OK here. The proximity suggests the lack of total
separation.)

Pedro, your use of zeros or absences as 'pre-science' is in my view absolutely
part of the language/logic under construction. But it is not necessary to fill
them in until they are 'full', finished and inert. Let us accept and value the
process of filling, incomplete and contradictory as it is, as essential. As I
have said previously, scientific rigor cannot be sacrificed in this 'process',
but we must accept that it may be more, not less, difficult to maintain.

Best wishes,

Joseph