Hi all,

Information is information.
There is no reason to bundle it under any other genus.

There are physical information! (Cf., my paper at the Vienna conference, 2015.)
... And there are other (non-physical) information.

Other approach:
Information follows, in certain aspects, some laws of physics, and it avoids to do so in other instances. Even following a law of physics doesn't allow to identify the object (in our case: information) with physics.

Similar to a well discussed other example: information can be characterised by similar mathematics to that of entropy, while this similitude does not mean that information as such is entropy.

Good luck,
Gyuri