On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 01:00:58AM +0100, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:
> > - Fish help facilities are great ! One thing though: hypertext is
> > great, but I don't like it openned *by default* out of the term I'm
> > in, somewhere out there in a graphical browser...
> That's easy to fix! :-)
> set -U BROWSER links

that would change the default browser, ideally i'd prefer to set a browser
specifically for fish somewhere.

on debian systems there are also www-browser and x-www-browser links,
where www-browser points to a terminal application.

> >  2)<tab><tab> picking one from the proposed completions and rotates,
> > when I'm really lazy taping....
> I've though a lot about that. I definitly want some interface where
> you can pick one of the available completions, but I'm not really sure
> that is the right interface.

vi does that, and it's really annoying. without seeing the list, i can't
tell how often i need to hit tab to make it work, and even with seeing
the list, if you have lots of completions then you may have to hit tab
hundreds of times. or you have to go back and delete a few chars to get
to the point you need to continue.

maybe it's possible to show a suggestion without moving the cursor to
the end so that you can continue typing and simply ignore the
suggestion. like autocomplete in some applications.

speaking of completions, is it possible to make
/foo/bar<tab>gazong NOT jump to the end of gazong but actually complete
/foo/bar?

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world