I've just noticed you attached your version of seq to the message, I tried it and now don't get the error any more. Many thanks

On 05/02/2012 23:14, Peter Flood wrote:
The seq I have is the one that came with my machine, here's the output, is this what you'd expect?

$ file /usr/bin/seq
/usr/bin/seq: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
/usr/bin/seq (for architecture x86_64):    Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
/usr/bin/seq (for architecture i386):    Mach-O executable i386