Hi Utkarsh,

I believe you are still running older version of fish. Which deb packages
have you used to install fish and what is the output of "which fish" on
your system ? Also if fish is your default shell what path have you used to
setup it as default shell (what do you see as login shell in output of
"chsh") ?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 5:20 AM, Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for bringing up a 4month old thread. But I just upgraded to version
> 2.0 but I still see the same error.
>
> utkarsh@x3 ~> fish -v
> fish, version 2.0.0
> utkarsh@x3 ~> history
>
> fish: Unknown command “history”
> history: command not found
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> -Utkarsh
>

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Maxim Gonchar <gma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Utkarsh,
>>
>> You are using the old version of fish which doesn't contain the history
>> builtin.
>> The latest fish release has this command. You can build it manually from:
>> https://github.com/fish-shell/**fish-shell<https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell>
>>
>> Or look through the maillist archive. I guess someone is making latest
>> deb files.
>>
>> regards,
>> Maxim
>>
>> On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 04:19:56 +0400, Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> Just installed fish on ubuntu 12.04, everything works like a charm except
>>> the history command for some weird reason.
>>>
>>> When I type: history, I get this error:
>>> fish: Unknown command “history”
>>> history: command not found
>>>
>>> It works fine with I switch back to bash. What am I doing wrong?
>>>

> --
> Thanks,
> -Utkarsh

Regards,