On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 09:09:26PM +0800, David Adam wrote:
> > What is the equivalent of Bash set -e on Fish?
> I don't think we have it, as such. You would have to use `; or exit 1`
> after lines you are worried about, or check $status.
>
> I suppose the argument could be made that error handling should be
> explicit.

hmm, from a programmers perspective, most sensible programming languages
crash when there is an error that is not handled.

in other words, errors should never be silently ignored.
error handling should be explicit, but catching errors without handling
them (which fish seems to be doing here) is frowned upon.

in that context, error handling means catching an error and dealing with
it appropriately as opposed to letting the default error handler take
over which usually leads to an exit and for good programming languages
the printing of a backtrace.

greetings, martin.
--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
hackerspace beijing     -                                    http://qike.info