On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 07:40:00PM -0400, Sylvain Benner wrote:
> I would just use <enter> to do partial auto-complete (on each word) and
> then still have to press <enter> one more time to execute the completed
> command.
> should be required to execute the command.
>
> shell is a sensible domain, you cannot automate too much thing or bad
> things will happen. This is the same than vi modes in a file manager, you
> have to adapt it because file managers are sensible to mistakes.
>
> -syl20bnr-

well i don't think it should be taken away from user, that is the option
of having a firewall/extra key before the *final* enter. but to say that
"i'm gonna slow the user down because i know better" is a bit slow to
say the least. let the user go as fast as they want and i've already
made the argument why it's actually safer despite the misconception.
worst case scenario you can give them a warning.